What permissions are required to use Shopkick?
Last Updated: May 15, 2017 04:50PM PDT
To use the Shopkick app to the fullest, the following permissions must be enabled on your device:
- Location: We use this to show you stores and offers near you.
- Microphone: We use your device microphone to "hear" the Shopkick transmitter signal that gives out the walk-in kicks at certain locations.
- Bluetooth: We also use bluetooth to identify the Shopkick beacon signal in stores in order to be able to grant you walk-in kicks.
- Camera: The phone's camera is used for the product scanning feature, so we can get you those scan kicks.
- Contacts: We've asked for this permission for our referral feature, so that you can invite friends to join Shopkick without writing out their contact information yourself – your contacts' information is never stored or transmitted, so it remains securely yours.